Friday, January 28, 2011

Episode 1: Pilot

Sarah sat down at the lunch table, and looked around at her friends. Kelly was at the end of the table, laughing so hard her face was turning purple. Next to her, Jaimie was laughing as well, but not quite as hard. Grace was looking at both of them with a confused look on her face, sitting next to Honor, who was acting the same way. Luci was laughing too, and it was she who Sarah turned to for an explanation.
   "Yeah, see, we know what you did today...." Luci smiled deviously.
   "Shut up! You guys are really annoying. This whole 'my life is a soap opera' thing is getting REALLY old." Sarah snapped.
   "But it is! We have proof!"
   "What proof?"
   "Look at your love life, Sarah."
   "You know what? I don't have a so-called 'Love Life.' So shut up."
   "Ahh, see, it's not your love life YET. It's your potential love life. And my prediction is accurate."
   "Yeah. Sure."
   "NO! Not 'Yeah. Sure.' It's 'OH HELL YES!'"
   "You make absolutely no sense."
   "Yes, I do. After a first kiss during Summer Break, you and Bob have a shaky on-off relationship all throughout highschool. I'm so right. Everyone agrees. Right, guys?"
   "Wait... What?" asked Kelly, who had just gotten over her laughing fit.
   "Sarah's going to have an on-off relationship with Bob. Am I right?" Luci asked again.
   "Pssh yes," laughs Jaimie. "That really does sound like you, Sarah."
   "Whatever. You guys are just obsessed with being creeps, I guess," Sarah retorted.
   "Surrre. Whatever. I've got to finish lunch." Luci looked into her lunchbag and pulled out... a bag full of fortune cookies? "What's this? I don't want this many. Here. You guys take some."
   "Yeah!" said Honor, and everyone grabbed one.
   "What do your fortunes say, guys?" asked Kelly. "Mine says, 'Your future holds pasta and good luck.' I hope it's right!"
   "Me? It says.... 'Your future holds sleep if you remember to get some. Hm. Okay, then," said Grace.
   "Uh, 'Your future holds a potential true love,'" read Honor. "How cheesy."
   "It says I have to pick my own destiny," replies Jaimie.
   "Mine says.... oh my God, Luci. Really?" Sarah's eyes were bulging.
   "What? I don't know where these came from," Luci said honestly.
   "It says, 'Your future holds a long-term on/off relationship with the one named Bob.'"
   Everyone laughed.
   "See? Even the Chinese agree with me," Luci retorted.
   "Yeah, right." Sarah got up, threw away her trash, and came back. "So, what did I do today, again?"

THE END OF PILOT

2 comments: